Link building, how to evaluate the effectiveness of your strategy. Have wondered why given phrases…
SXO, what is it and how can it support your business? Effective online marketing requires a comprehensive approach for all of us. The same goes for SEO.
SXO stands for search experience optimization. Is a complex set of SEO activities that should be included in every marketing plan for 2021. What is SXO and how does it work? Find out in this blog article!
What is SXO?
SXO is the combination of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and UX (User Experience).
It is a comprehensive set of on-site and off-site SEO, CRO, and UX activities which aims to:
- attract the attention of as many users as possible through organic traffic from Google;
- provide users with valuable content;
- hold users attention;
- encourage users to take the desired action: convert, make a purchase, submit a form, or download content.
All this is possible with the right SEO and conversion optimization. And a sharp understanding of your personas in marketing, their expectations and needs.
What does SXO involve?
SXO consists of:
- SEO. The process of optimizing a website aimed at achieving high rankings in search results. Increasing visibility in search engines and boosting web traffic;
- Content marketing. Creating content that supports the user at all stages of the purchase decision/conversion path. Responds to specific keywords and queries entered into Google;
- CRO (conversion rate optimization). Optimizing the conversion path so that as much web traffic as possible generates leads and purchases;
- Web development: optimization of web pages:
- improving page load speed;
- finding and fixing errors;
- optimizing files on the page;
- debugging HTML and CSS;
- updating robots.txt and sitemap files;
- introducing SSL.
- UX/UI optimization. Providing users with a friendly interface, visually pleasing design or easy navigation. In this stage you need to make sure your website is intuitive to use. The user journey must be well-defined. Visuals are attractive and impressive and your content is legible and formatted correctly;
- Analytics: observing and drawing conclusions from statistics or user behavior on the website.
The beginning of this concept
SXO emerged when it became apparent that most web traffic and purchases have shifted from desktop to mobile. It is the combination of SEO, CRO and UX activities that gives the best experience.
Why do you need SXO
There are some specific reasons for implementing SXO:
- more conversions and higher sales with better Google rankings and a better customer experience;
- more returning customers if their experience was satisfactory;
- consistency in online marketing activities;
- better content with a result in more pageviews, longer sessions and a higher CTR.
How to plan SXO
The plan of your SXO activities should look like this:
- Optimize your website so that users are more willing to spend time on it. Fill out your forms, contact you or make a purchase;
- plan your local SEO process with the relevant keywords that you can use in metadata and content;
- get as many visitors as possible from Google’s search results with the help of well-planned SEO activities. Both on-page and off-page (link building) to generate valuable web traffic;
- give users what they came for. Deliver valuable content that attracts their attention;
- encourage customers to take an action. Optimize customer journey maps and website architecture to maximize conversions. Show users the direct way to complete the transaction;
- encourage the most engaged users to return to your website and make more purchases.
Audit: what to pay attention to?
To plan a journey you need to know where are your starting point and the final destination. Just like SEO, your SXO strategy should be driven by data and recommendations from an audit report.
Such an audit verifies:
- page navigation and internal linking between pages;
- content quality;
- page load speed;
- SEO-friendly elements.
SXO audit = SEO audit + UX audit + CRO audit.
With the audit you’ll find out if your menu, page layout, or buttons are meeting their purpose. You will check if your content encourages users to take any action.
Or if all interactive elements are working properly. The customer journey must go smoothly. From the first interaction with the website in the organic search results to complete the transaction.
Conduct a SXO audit on your own or outsource it to a professional agency.
Similar to SEO services pricing, the price of SXO activities also depends on many factors. Among the most important ones it is worth mentioning:
- how big is your website or online store;
- previous optimizations;
- domain history and reputation;
- how competitive keywords are for your business.
Can a comprehensive and well-planned SXO strategy help you grow your business? YES! The importance of SXO will continue to grow as e-commerce is on the rise.
More and more users around the world reach websites from mobile devices. Those who want to stay offline will soon just be off. If you take care of SXO now you’ll stand out from the competition in the future.
We guess you don’t want to stand still, right?
Choose an agency that can provide you with effective SEO, UX, and CRO strategies all at once. Plan the data-driven SXO process. Investing in SXO really pays off, but only with the excellent quality of work done. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more info about this topic!