Content tool, 14 best options for your website in 2021. Content marketing is one of…
Shopping, how to improve the e-Commerce cart value. Do you run an online store? If so, you want customers to shop there as much as possible.
Want to know what to do to increase your e-commerce shopping cart value? Keep reading this blog post! For many e-commerce owners generating high-order revenues is probably one of the main business objectives.
Make online shopping easier for customers
How to make Internet users interested in your online store? You need to ensure its appropriate design. Customers don’t always choose websites that offer products at the lowest prices.
The purchasing decision is affected by numerous factors. Take care of these issues and adjust the store to the expectations of online shoppers. This will guarantee that you’ll achieve satisfactory results.
Develop an online store that corresponds to the needs of both teenagers and adults.
UX of an online store
Remember about user experience (UX)? It means designing your site in a way that improves customer satisfaction. It is about a website that meets users’ expectations. About a website that provides them with satisfactory solutions.
What should you do to develop a page compliant with UX requirements?
Focus on the following issues:
- filtered results. Your goal is to make it easy for customers to find the products they’re looking for. This can be achieved by simplifying the search process. Or introducing a possibility to filter results. So, the interested party will be able to choose the minimal and maximal price;
- appropriately designed menu. It should be divided into categories and subcategories which attract attention. Makes it easier to find specific products;
- positive first impression. It’s a factor determining whether the customer will stay on your website for longer. You have 0,017 of a second to convince an internet user that the design of your website is attractive. Choosing a very unique layout may not be the best idea. Users can perceive it negatively. Stores usually go for both attractive and simple graphic solutions;
- shopping cart. It has to include more than just the information that’s inside. It’s important to mention current special offers such as free shipping. The store should offer various delivery and payment methods;
- possibility to buy as a guest. Offers users the possibility to finalize transactions without having to set up an account. On the other hand, account creation should be quick and easy. Encourage users to register by offering a discount for their first purchase;
- store footer. This website element should include links to social media. Or to subpages such as contact, about us, or payment methods;
The UX of a store is affected by numerous factors.
Pay attention to a variety of aspects such as layout or colors of page elements and many more. In fact, it’s crucial to constantly test various solutions. See which of them can help you achieve the most satisfactory results.
Methods to increase shopping cart value
What to do to increase your shopping cart value? You can achieve desired results with the help of various activities such as:
1. Free shipping over a certain amount
A large amount of shoppers will order additional products if shipping is free. Set a certain amount over which the shipping is free. This may encourage users to add other products in order not to pay for the shipping.
The free shipping amount should be possibly reasonable.
If it’s very high, it won’t bring you the intended results. A lot depends on the product prices. When reviewing the order, show customers how much more they need to spend for free delivery.
Consider displaying products that are thematically related to the ones in the shopping cart.
It’s about offering extra products or services to the customer. Display products ordered by other users who have also decided to buy the same specific items.
Another way to achieve your goals is to offer complementary goods. For example, items that complement each other and are usually bought together.
In this case, you should offer the customer a more expensive product than the one they are interested in. If you sell laptops, then offer an option with an increased amount of RAM.
If the customer wants to order dog food, then suggest a bigger package that will cost less per kilogram. Another way is to point out a better multifunctional device for the office. It can be done by comparing products.
Show the benefit of choosing the more expensive equipment.
4. Social proof in online shopping
Make it possible for customers to check product reviews. If they’re positive, users may feel encouraged to buy them. Messages such as “this product have been selected by 8 buyers today” or “3 users booked a hotel room” may be really effective.
5. Offering the next product X% cheaper
This is an advertising solution frequently advocated by electronics/appliance stores. Customers pay the basic price for the first product and then, the more they buy, the bigger the discount is.
6. Extra financial solutions
The customer may initially assume that he/she can afford the product. But upon reflection, they may come to the conclusion that it would be better to postpone the purchase.
However, if you offer a possibility to pay in installments, some users may decide to finalize transactions. Such conditions may truly meet customers’ expectations.
7. Free gifts
Someone decides to buy a more expensive product from your range? You may add a free gift to the order. Sometimes, customers notice that you provide free goods over a certain amount.
They may consider such a solution to be more cost-effective.
8. Discounts for shopping only a few hours
This encourages customers to purchase items that they haven’t even been thinking about. For example, when they started browsing the store’s offer.
A clock counting down to the end of the special offer. Or attractive price and appealing descriptions. All these can tempt website visitors to buy.
9. Social shopping
Meaning a shared shopping cart. This impressive way involves inviting other people to do the shopping by sending them a link. Then all products chosen by the customers go to one shopping cart.
But what are the benefits of such a solution? Let’s assume that a given store offers free shipping of over 100 USD. By shopping together, you can actually spend less and still avoid paying for the delivery.
Improve your e-Commerce shopping cart value
What happens before Internet users make up their minds and finalize transactions? They usually insert products into the shopping cart.
It’s a highly convenient solution. It allows customers to continue browsing the offer. At the same time they save all the products that are of interest to them in the shopping cart.
In today’s entry, we’ve discussed the most interesting methods of increasing an average shopping cart value. Do you know any other activities that can bring spectacular results? Don’t forget to share them in the comments below or contact us!