Link building, how to evaluate the effectiveness of your strategy. Have wondered why given phrases…
How to organize an SEO strategy that can be implemented right away? What’s an absolute must-have when taking into account your funds, SEO, and marketing plan? Find these answers in this blog post!
Are you an online marketer who faces the task of implementing SEO into an annual marketing plan? Are you a coordinator, team leader, or marketing director responsible for the marketing budget?
Today’s entry will make it easier for you to understand the world of SEO. You will be able to determine who is responsible for given tasks.
What needs to be managed? What are the challenges faced by an SEO agency? Should you consider any outside support?
Marketing plan: SEO research and a starting point
Nowadays, almost every market is highly competitive. The fight for high Google positions is the bread and butter of all marketers. Not only a luxury chosen by the greatest organizations and e-commerce businesses.
Regardless of what you’re selling, somebody else also offers it.
They’ll do everything in their power to outdo your website in the organic search results. Maybe it won’t happen today, but it’ll definitely happen ultimately.
It doesn’t really matter if we’re talking about local SEO for your barber shop. Or international SEO for your online store that operates on some foreign markets. The struggle is real and Google algorithms are constantly modified.
Are you wondering if it’s worth dedicating space and time for SEO in your marketing plan and budget? The answer is yes!
SEO is supposed to meet specific business objectives
Start from defining specific business parameters and goals. Have you heard about the SMART method?
Make sure that these goals are specific, measurable, realistic, and achievable within a given timeframe. Let them be somehow related to your business history.
It is possible to increase sales of a given product by 200% within a year. However, it’s not very likely to happen if the parameter amounted to 20% in the past. The objectives should clearly indicate how quality SEO can affect them.
Exemplary parameters for the marketing plan
- increased sales of a specific product or service by x% in the upcoming quarter;
- reaching the TOP 3 Google positions for specific key phrases within two years;
- x% more impressions of the company website compared to the same time a year ago;
- x% more visits of potential customers from abroad;
- x seconds longer sessions;
- x% lower bounce rate;
- x contact forms filled out and sent during the year.
Appropriate research and thorough preparation for the marketing plan
- who is your desired customer (what’s your marketing and SEO user persona);
- what’s the online visibility of your market rivals;
- what’s the market saturation;
- how many people offer the same products;
- how competitive is the industry you operate in;
- what does your potential customer enter into Google when searching for your products.
Before making up your mind about SEO activities take a look at professional, free online resources discussing SEO. If you haven’t been dealing with this field so far, check out available guidelines to:
- realize what you can do on your own;
- discuss cooperation with an SEO agency more confidently and openly.
SEO activities that should be included in your marketing plan
- an SEO audit. Know precisely what needs to be improved in the following months;
- company website optimization. Google algorithms are more and more efficient when it comes to analyzing websites’ mobile-friendliness and interfaces. Or checking if all redirects and functionalities work properly;
- content creation and optimization of the existing texts to make sure that they’re SEO-friendly and indexed;
- link building. Meaning acquiring valuable external links from other high-quality domains;
- introduction of necessary metadata, sitemap refinements, internal linking.
Who can manage your SEO best?
You already know how to prepare for implementing SEO into your marketing plan. You know what research is needed before performing any activities.
And what tasks should be taken into account when devising marketing budgets. Think about whether your resources, expertise, and time are enough to fulfill the objectives.
You now have three alternatives:
- hire a full-time SEO specialist to perform all of these tasks for you over the next year;
- outsource your SEO processes to a third-party agency that will be responsible for meeting your business goals;
- share responsibilities with an SEO agency.
What could an exemplary division of SEO tasks between your marketing team and SEO agency look like?
Tasks of an SEO agency
- SEO audit;
- analysis and selection of relevant keywords and phrases;
- website optimization;
- content optimization;
- internal and external linking;
- analytics, reports, recommendations.
Tasks of your marketing team
- content marketing & copywriting;
- internet monitoring;
- website development;
- development of your company’s product offer;
- synchronized PPC activities supporting SEO.
Internal communication within the SEO project and reliable mutual reporting of all activities is a key to success. An appropriate SEO strategy requires constant observation and analysis.
Therefore, regular talks to share ideas and inform each other are highly important.
How to implement SEO into your marketing plan?
Thorough research. Prepare for implementing SEO strategies. Define business objectives and tasks fulfilled by a person or company responsible for the SEO process.
Deciding whether to choose in-house or outhouse cooperation models. These are the ingredients for success. You just have to consistently deploy the planned strategy.
Fight for top positions in the organic search results.