Link building, how to evaluate the effectiveness of your strategy. Have wondered why given phrases…
Blogging, how to check the influence on your website. Blogging can be highly beneficial for your business if you do it in the right way.
One of its results may be increased website visibility on Google. But what does actually quality blogging mean? What to pay attention? How to check whether your blog really influences local SEO or not?
How to check if blogging influences SEO?
Google Search Console is the finest tool for analyzing whether blogging influences SEO. To benefit from it, you just need to verify the domain. With Google Search Console you’ll receive data concerning your website visibility.
After choosing the domain that’s of interest to you choose the “performance” option from the left menu. You’ll find detailed data concerning:
- total number of clicks: informing you how many users entered your website through the search engine;
- total number of website impressions in the SERPs (search engine results pages);
- average CTR (click-through rate): how frequently your website was clicked on;
- average keyword position over a given time period.
Start from checking whether your blog posts are among the most frequently displayed subpages. To access this information, go to the “pages” tab and analyze the data.
You can check whether your blog entries are visible in the search results.
They don’t need to be ranked on top positions. However, they should appear somewhere on the list. Check your CTR and average position for a given phrase.
How to analyze this data?
- there are many impressions but the position is far from TOP 3. It’s worth optimizing the entry to improve its visibility and attract more visitors. Provide internal links from other highly visible subpages of your website. Obtain backlinks from some quality platforms. Check if the implemented changes brought the expected results;
- the position is high and there are many impressions but very few clicks. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you did something wrong. Low CTR may also apply when dealing with direct answers (the zero position);
- your exemplary blog entry URL looks like this: www.yourwebsite.com/blog/entry-title. GSC can help you obtain information about the visibility of all your blog posts. Go to the “effectiveness” tab, click “new” and “page”. Add yourwebsite.com/blog there. Thanks to it, you’ll be able to check the visibility of your blog entries.
Google isn’t only about this type of net browsing.
Users may encounter your website when searching for videos or images. To check this type of data, you can also use GSC. Simply click “search type” and “images”.
Based on it, you can analyze the queries your website is displayed on Google Images. If the results aren’t satisfactory, you can work on them.
Go back to information about doing SEO for images. Modify selected blog entries and wait a few weeks. Check if the update helped to improve your visibility.
You already know how your blogging influences SEO. Now it’s time for improving your results. Below you can find a few tips on how to do it!
How to run your blog properly?
Nowadays, it’s almost a standard to run a company blog complementing your website or online store. Blogging can bring you numerous benefits, in various fields.
How can you make your blog help you improve your website visibility on Google? Follow these rules:
1. Create substantive content for blogging
Users expect to receive valuable content in an appealing form. Ensure proper quality of your texts. Don’t forget to share your expertise or interesting facts about a specific topic.
Increase people’s interest in your offer.
A worthless, unattractive website can result in a high bounce rate. This will translates into a lower conversion rate and less satisfying effectiveness of SEO activities. A user who hasn’t been attracted to your offer won’t enter subpages describing your product.
2. Ensure the appropriate length
When creating your content try your best to make it more attractive than texts offered by your market rivals. Make sure that your entries are as long and comprehensive as entries on other websites.
How to check the length of your competitors’ blog posts? For this purpose you can use Surfer SEO that will help you save a lot of time. Thanks to it, you’ll find out what are the lengths of texts that are ranked high on specific queries.
3. Be consistent in your blogging activity
Google likes fresh content. Setting up a blog is not enough. You have to publish new entries on a regular basis. It’s important not only for Google algorithms but also for users.
People see your content as valuable because it helps them make a purchase decision? Then it’s very likely that they’ll visit your blog in the future when they need another piece of advice.
Someone enters your website a few times and doesn’t see any new publications? They probably won’t check it again. Appealing content may encourage users to provide their email addresses and subscribe to your newsletter.
You will be able to inform them about new blog posts and products.
4. Don’t forget about SEO
When writing a blog post you should focus on creating content that is attractive for users. However, you shouldn’t forget about Google. Appropriate SEO activities can help you reach higher positions in the search results.
- title: the title tag in the head section of the website. Here you should include the most important phrase of a given entry. It should be from 65 to 70 characters long, including spaces;
- meta description: although it doesn’t affect Google visibility, it can have an impact on your CTR. That’s why it’s worth using it to describe what users can learn from specific content. Don’t forget to include a CTA button;
- headers: theoretically speaking, you can use headers from H1 to H6. However, H1 to H3 ones are the most common. The KH1 header should include the title of the entry and the most relevant keyword. Place some less important phrases in the subsequent header types;
- keywords in the content: the most important phrase should be repeated in the lead and content. On the other hand, less important keywords should appear in the text at least once;
- images: enrich the content with photos (ideally taken by you) or screenshots. Remember about an appropriate file name. Use hyphens “-“, not “_”. Avoid using special characters. When you include a photo, remember about alt tags;
- URL: it should be friendly, however, now it’s a standard in most popular systems.
5. Blogging with visually appealing posts
Internet users aren’t interested in blocks of texts.
It’s very unlikely that people will go over such content. First of all, create an appealing title. Second of all, use various formatting styles.
You already know about the headers. However, bullet points also come in handy. It’s a good idea to prepare a table of contents with anchors that make entry navigation easier.
Users who browse your blog on mobile devices will certainly appreciate it. To highlight the keywords particularly relevant for your SEO process, use <b> and <em> tags.
The first one will bold your content, whereas the latter one will make it italic. Lets Google know that given keywords are the most important. If you want to highlight content for users, you can benefit from <b> and <i> tags.
You can highlight the whole sentences in your entry or product description. In this case you can use the <strong> tag to mark the keyword. Beside this you can use the <b> tag to highlight the remaining part of the sentence.
6. Proper internal linking
Your articles should provide links to other subpages of your website. It’s important to make sure that entries are thematically related.
Users will get engaged and won’t finish browsing your page after seeing one post.
You can consider placing thematically related links in given blog entry content. The link doesn’t need to have the same exact title as the article.
Apply keywords you want to do SEO for. It’s one of the most important ranking factors. Blogging should aim not only at improving website traffic or visibility but also at increasing the conversion rate.
Try to think about how to create content that guarantees to achieve these objectives. Contact us for more info!